Wednesday, February 23, 2011




Sunday was my lesson on "forgiving ourselves" I really wanted the girls to feel the spirit and know that they are loved. Why is it we can see the worth of others so easily, but it's so hard to see our own? I had a lot of positive affirmations on cute paper up on the board "you are more" "you are beautiful," "God allows U Turns," "just because you made a mistake doesn't mean you are one" and so on. I started out by reading the definition of Cancer, which is evil, malignant, harmful and fast spreading. I then said that not forgiving ourselves will not kill us off and stop the pain. That this pain can be eternal if we let it. But there is a cure. I went onto talking about toxic shame and negative self talk. I handed them all out some ways to help the shame and talk in our head to turn it into something positive. I gave them a "positive Bin" to put things in when they are feeling down. On top was the 13th article of faith, and the front had a picture I bought at Deseret Book called "Forgiven." The box can be anything from poems to pictures. I then had each of the girls sit in one chair in the front and had everyone write something positive about her on a sticky note. The girls would come up and stick the note on her arm and whisper the positive all at the same time in her ear. The spirit there was strong, and I try to teach based on what would've helped me and hope that they can feel God's love the way I have so much. At the end I talked about Alma and how if he hadn't forgiven himself he wouldn't have been able to do the good in life that he did do. made heart shaped rice crispy treats with sprinkles and chocolate and wrote Alma 32:21 about his "Sweet" joy. I added the song "You are More" by tenth Avenue North in their bins.

No comments: