Monday, February 7, 2011






For girls camp this year it is on a stake level. The Theme is "Happily Ever After" and "Heavenly Father Loves Me." (Now they are incorporating what I think with the trials so I am way excited for it) Maybe not all young women's back in the day was like this, but I for one remember in young women's two things. First one, and only one I am going to talk about right now is: Get married in the Temple to you a man who will take care of you and all will be perfectly happily ever after. The goal was getting to the temple. However, I wish they had given me some ideas on not just getting there, but also how to strengthen marriage. I am so glad they put in the Young Women's Theme " TO Strengthen Home and FAMILY" I decided that just telling people to get married and all your troubles melt away only sets them up for being a failure. How about instead of getting married and that being my happily ever after ending, How about Get married in the temple and your story BEGINS.. Learn to live Happily Ever After in whatever comes your way. If you read my blog you already know my theory of "Cinderella Syndrome" where one day your prince charming may fall off his horse, or you may trip on those glass slippers. One day you may wake up and your husband has cancer, someone in your family dies, financial troubles, etc. Life is not perfect but we need to find joy during the ride. I like to look at Adam and Eve (Which I had to laugh cause at my Women's Conference for the stake, one bishop must be reading my blog since he said what I already have. jk) They went through hell but they had each other in the end The troubles they went through prepared them to lean on each other for their loss of two children. One physically, one spiritually. I would like to incorporate that Happily Ever After I think happens by choice, that we can set good goals with good examples. Even the Disney princess we could take a spin off of it and say they went through trials as well. Hopefully, Our real Happily Ever After is when on judgment we see our Savior by our side. Don't get me wrong, this is probably not sounding like I support this idea. I DO. If you know me you know I love WEDDINGS, GLITTER, and anything that SPARKLES. I am a big girly girl and worked at a reception center and LOVED it. I LOVE Marriage. I LOVE LOVE young women's and coming up with ideas. I just want to be realistic and not set others up for failure when they realize they are not perfect nor is their spouse. It's healthy to know that's life. The trials come for us to learn. We really do have a Father in Heaven who loves us. Ok so after all that talk, I came up with a poem for anyone who wants to use it. Our ward chose "Enchanted" But I figured for the handout anything that ties in happily ever after/ princess and Heavenly Father loves me into it to get them prepared for camp worked. I don't think it's going to work since we aren't snow white so now I need to come up with something else. So someone can use it hopefully, here you go:


MESSAGE- Ok, so I was thinking about the little camp handouts. You said that the theme was Heavenly Father Loves me right? We are also doing a "Happily Ever After- Princess" theme. So this may sound cheesy, but I rewrote the Magic Mirror poem to We could put the poem on something similar to these pictures or just use tinfoil instead of a real mirror. We could even just make our own mirror onto a scrapbook card or something easy. we could put ribbon that have the value colors around the mirror like you see around the candyland invite. Anyways this is just one of my ideas, let me know what you think and I will look for more.
The Poem:
Mirror, mirror on the wall,
who cherishes me most of all?

Behold it is thy Father of the highest majesty
You bear a royal birth; a daughter of a King
For your infinite worth he does see
Rags cannot hide your divinity
Alas there is nothing more fair than thee

For He sent his son to bleed red as the rose
to cleanse our sins black as they may be,
To return our countenance as white as snow
For thou doest have a Heavenly Father who loves thee.

here is the real poem
Magic Mirror on the wall,
whose the fairest one of all?
famed is thy beauty majesty
but behold a lovely maid I see
rags cannot hide her gentle grace
alas she is more fair than thee
lips red as the rose
hair black as ebony
skin white as snow
Snow White!

For the pictures type MIRROR Card on Google Images/ candyland invite on it as well. It will show you who it came from and more of their awesome ideas!

No comments: