Tuesday, March 8, 2011

MArch 8, 2002









I remember it like it was only yesterday. I had my friend Kim over to help with my nails the night before. I talked to Trent while he drove up from St.George on the phone. I woke up around 4 and scrapbooked a whole scrapbook for the reception. I got my hair done with my sisters and mom at ten. I had my mom pluck my eyebrows because I was too chicken back then lol. I rode with mom and dad to the temple, they helped me carry my dress in for me. That's when I saw him. I saw my future husband standing waiting for me. I hadn't seen him for a month and I missed him. It was snowy that morning, and we were getting married at one. The bridesroom was busy from all the 9o'clock weddings. The brides were frozen. I got dressed and felt like I did when I had my endowments taken out. I felt beautiful. Clean. Worthy. I went to the waiting room and saw Trent. I liked the way he smiled at me. We went to the celestial room and talked. We said how we need to try to go to the temple every month. We went to the sealing room and I saw all my friends and family that could be there. I remember being sealed. There are some other experiences that I felt in the temple that are too sacred and personal to talk about on here. I do remember saying "yeah" instead of "yes." I was too happy to even talk right. We went outside and man was it cold, but I was too happy to let it bother me. We took pictures with everyone, ice was falling off the temple, the buildings still had the olympic posters up. My mom stayed with us for a while to watch the pictures. Then we went to the Joseph Smith building at took more while we thawed out. I could barley step up the temple stairs and had to hold my dress way up so I didn't fall. We drove to Ligories in Trent's truck. I should've stayed in my gown and maybe we would've gotten it for free, but I had to change at the temple. We ate pizza on the way to the reception. We went to Ivy Lanes and took more pictures and had a wonderful reception, I enjoyed seeing all my family and friends once more. We danced, had the cake- which I eyed him to be nice, my neighbor was watching and said the way you eat the cake is the way your marriage will be and if Trent smashes it in my face he was gong to have to yell at him. So Trent was nice, and so was I. Later we went outside to find the Truck covered in the coe's famous wrappings for the truck. We could barley see as we went to the gas station to clean it off. I had wanted to stay local for our wedding night but trent demanded we stayed at the cabin in bear lake. Needless to say, our lights went out and we were almost killed by a truck in sardine canyon. Luckily we made it. My parents wanted to make sure I made it ok, so I told them I would call collect and when they heard my new name that meant Iwas ok, if I used my maiden that meant to accept the call. After that we shut off from the world for a week. Snowmobiling was fun, but trent accidentally threw a snowball at my eye and I started to cry and then laugh. Emotions were raw. We drove to layton to open presents and then back to st.george. I remember thinking "How fun to think in ten years we will have our family and it will be so sweet, and I will be martha stewart with a great house and garden and our family will love each other so much. My dreams are here" and how in a blink life happens, and how much faster the next 9 years are going to be. I decided I am going to soak in every moment I have, the bad and the good, because that is what makes me who I am. I love you Trent.

2 comments:

Team Reid said...

I remember that day too! Time sure does fly, huh? :)

Alisa and Crowells said...

Oh, I just love these pictures! congratulations!