Monday, October 19, 2009






On Friday I went to my mom's house to hang out. My mom watched the kids while I went and got a haircut. We decided to go to Black Island Farms and go on a hayride to get pumpkins like we do every year. The kids LOVED the slides and Austin kept cracking me up watching him have so much fun. Hannah would wait until he came out of the slide ok before she would take a try. We had a great time!!

Last Monday morning I heard Faith screaming in the hall. I ran in there but there was nothing for her to have hit to be screaming holding her foot. I thought it was her ears since she has had an ear infection since August and the meds don't work. She goes in for tubes in two weeks. I held her all day long, rubbing her head just thinking she wasn't feeling well. Later that day I took the kids to Walmart and came home. I put Faith down on the floor and watched her fall, scream, and grab her foot. It hit me that something has to be wrong with her foot. I drove back to town and took her to the dr. We waited for three hours. Luckily they had a tv so the kids were pretty good. Trent of course was out of town working at the MAnti Temple (Doesn't it always happen when the other is out of town?) They X rayed her foot and said she was fine. I Took her home and the next day she wouldn't even crawl. I drove her back in and even though they were a little put out, I made them x ray the WHOLE leg. Of course she had broken her tibia! THey put her in a splint that went up to her diaper. SHe HATED It. She couldn't move, but try to drag her leg with an army crawl. On Thursday we went in and got her real cast. People have been asking me how she broke it. I kept asking my kids if they dropped her out of the crib or something. I Figured that was they only way it could have happened. Well last night we found out how! SHe has learned to get out of her crib on her own. THere is a time out chair under the crib and she must have hit that on the way down. Even with her *cast she tries to get out!!!

Hannah is student of the week this week. We made her a cute little poster and then some fun "Mummy" candy bars where the kids have to guess how many are in the bucket. I hope she has a good week!

3 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

I'm glad she didn't get dropped! Hope all is going well at your house despite the many dr. visits.

Holly said...

She looks cute in her little red cast.

Eric and Jenny said...

Well that is so scary, poor little Faith. YOu must have been going crazy trying to figure out how she broke it, that would drive me nuts not knowing. I can't believe they missed it the first time you took her in, how crazy!