Thursday, October 1, 2009

Ahh, The Joys of Motherhood~!

"In the store, with the hand sanitizer, my child." I need to get a clue already that just because I tell my child "No" Doesn't mean they are always going to listen. SO it happened the other day, I was at the store trying to get my shopping done with all three kids as usual. One of my children wanted to buy hand sanitizer (Why ? I have no idea) I told this child "No" Well fast forward an hour later I am bringing in the grocer's, this child is hididng something behind their back. I ask what it is. "Nothing" They say. Finally I grab their hands and see hand sanitizer. My child shoplifted the first time. (I hope it was the firs time.) While I was disappointed, deep down I thought it was going to be a great learning experience for this child. My husband on the other hand thought it was funny they took hand sanitizer instead of a toy or treat like most kids would steal. So I told this child they would have to work off 9 quarters, pay tithing first, and when daddy got home they would go apologize to the store manager. My child and husband marched down to the store, paid for the sanitizer and apologized. We told our child how serious it is to steal. Hopefully this child learned their lesson. While being a parent can bring a bunch of emotions, it is nice to be able to teach your child when they make a mistake, it makes me love them even more for being human and trying to learn to be a better person.