Thursday, October 22, 2009



Hannah is Student of the Week in her class. She had to make a poster about herself! It turned out cute but hard to tell since this was taken with my phone. She also help me make some "Mummy" cards for her grandparents. For her class they get to put candy in a jar and have the class guess how many is in it. I decided we would stick with the "mummy" Theme and make mummy's. I also made some for visiting teaching. Hannah is also Student of the Month at her school. I am so proud of her and hope that her struggle with first grade gets a little easier. She is loved by many. She teaches me things everyday.

For Halloween I found some fake flies at DOllarTree. I will freeze those in ice cubes and serve green punch in some goblets. I will add sugar around the rim of the goblets in a purple color. Then I am going to make Mummy pizza's for the kids. Last year I made some peanut butter fingers that look like witch fingers, but the kids didn't really eat them so I think I will pass on that. This Sunday we are going to my mom's so the kids can show off their costumes. My mom is making her yummy soup and bread, and the kids will bring their decorative sugar cookies!! Next week we will paint and glue or carve our pumpkins. I love this time of year!

1 comment:

Holly said...

The cards are so cute and my girls can't wait for the party!

That's so funny that Hannah and Greta were student of the week and month on the same week and day. Best friends alike!