Sunday, September 13, 2009

Let's Roll


Little did I know that picking up a book from the library on Sept 11 2009 would help inspire me to be a better person and be the woman I know I am/can be. I went to the library with Austin and thought it was so neat they had 9/11 books out in memorial. I picked one up called " Let's Roll" a book by Todd Beamers wife. Todd was one of the men on flight 93 that said the now famous "let's Roll." This book reminded me a lot of my own life in the aspect that they were college sweethearts, had fun loving families, visited nursing homes and so forth. It talked about their lives and how they lived. Some are eerie of the things said the last couple days before Sept 11 01. This woman has faith that could move a mountain. What an uplifting book to bring you closer to God. She not only lost her husband in the 9/11 attacks, she had also lost her father when she was 15 and from that she knew she always wanted to have life insurance when she got married. It is a beautiful book with a standpoint of what is most important in our lives and a review of what happened that day. Many times we think these people are imaginative, or someone you will never connect with,or something that happened in history. These people are real people with lives like yours and mine. So real in fact I emailed her on facebook to thank her for writing it, if for nothing else but for me to remember You are never truly alone, and God does love you.

2 comments:

kelli said...

I will have to read that book. Hope you guys are feeling better. Thanks for coming to the baptism, even if you all didn't feel well.

Lyndee W. said...

Sounds like the type of book for me!