Friday, September 11, 2009

Oh say can you see....

I used to write in my journal. Every night before I went to bed I would write everything important that happened that day. I wrote between my Jr- Sr. year of high school until when I got married. I wish I hadn't stopped writing in it. It seemed like all the important things happened in my life after I had gotten married and had kids. I would have loved to remember fun times of being a newlywed and being a mother for the first time. I always think I will remember the cute things my kids say and sadly they seem to disappear faster than I can write them down. However, on Tuesday Sept 11, 2001 was when I was a freshmen in college. I had written down all my feelings and everything I had done that day. I need to pick up the goal of writing my history down . I once wrote all my memories of childhood and somehow it erased. Instead of checking email or cleaning the house, I should write down my life.

I remember being in biology at Dixie College when a guy came and told us that the twin towers had been hit. I was so busy that day from going to school to work and back to school that I wasn't able to watch the news. Later that night I used to babysit for my apartment manager and was able to watch the news then. I remember seeing all the people crying in the streets fighting for a turn to ask if their loved one had been seen, the newscaster had to try to calm everyone down and tell them they would all get a turn. That night I went with my boyfriend (now husband) Trent to a candle light vigil. I will never forget Sept. 11, 01. Many people forget important things in history, let's not forget this. The sad thing is look how fast many are forgetting in only 8 years. I just got a book from the library today called "Let's Roll" from Todd Beamer's wife it should be interesting. I think as horrific as it was for me to hear about it (my family is very patriotic and I remember in the 3rd grade standing so proud while singing "Proud to be an American" I would get so mad when others didn't care.) It would have been harder for me had I been a mother. If something where to happen now, I would freak out as a mom

No comments: