Friday, April 15, 2011










Young Women's Lesson- Eternal Families
I found a lesson help on Sugardoodle from a girl who did the lesson that they were on a flight and Earth was a layover. Well I wanted to do something with the airplane but I didn't know what. Then it hit me. I used how being a Missionary is very symbolic of our end goal. Just as a Missionary gets called to a destination and has to go to the MTC to learn, we too receive a call to come to our MTC (Mortal Testing Center) to learn and to progress. We too even get to teach our little investigators (Children) and we receive a companion as well. Just like a Missionary has to go through certain steps in order to make it to the destination, and must have a passport if it is out of the country, We too have certain steps to go through (Death, Resurrection, Judgment) and we need a passport. Our passport is the Temple, for it is here where earthly families are bound into eternal ones. I wanted to emphasis that We are all God's children, and what a waste of his Son if we didn't think we could make it back to our Father aka Celestial Glory. I had them read "Do you think you will make it to the celestial kingdom" In their heads. I already knew they would say No. Because pretty much a TON of youth think they aren't good enough and that they have to be perfect. I wanted to uplift not shame them. I wanted them to know that as long as they follow Jesus and realize that as long as they are doing their best that's all that matters. WE are not the judges, no one understands what others go through mentally or physically besides the Savior. We will NEVER Be perfect in this life, but we do need to do our best and admit our failures and progress. I found things online that just kept popping up, I found a place where I can create my own missionary tags and so on. I have wanted to make these temple blocks for a while and this lesson was perfect for it. I used the analogy of the certain steps we need to go through on Earthy to progress, with the three white dresses. Meaning, First dress (We have to be born into a mortal body) Second (baptism) third (temple blessings).

1 comment:

Lyndee W. said...

The boards turned out great!