Monday, January 4, 2010

This year my resolutions are trying to be realistic so that I can achomplish them. Oh trust me I have many unrealistic resolutions - Loose ______ (put number in) pounds, be a better cook, keep my house clean.... and so on. However If I do that I loose sight of the real reason I am here and I miss being happy. Instead my resolution is to not freak out with having a messy house, I have kids and to do my first goal would require me to have a somewhat messy house. One day I will be old and gray and I will have a spotless house and I probably won't even care that it's so clean because I will be sad all my kids are gone. I would however like to slowly be a little more organized so when the kids do get to do their chores they know better where things go. I have a sister in law who I look up to in her organization skills. She has a clear bin for certain sizes of clothes, she has different colored bins for holidays and she is ORGANIZED! I am not sure how she does it but she's good at it. Today I decided to start with the computer/playroom. If the kids haven't played with it in the last six months- trash it~ It's been hard to throw some of the toys away because I think they have more meaning to me than my kids, how pathetic is that! I have however, trashed it and the room is starting to look normal agian! Another goal of organization could be my money. However you probably need to start making some before you can even start saving some LOL jk. Once the economy starts getting better I want to start saving money for my kids weddings. A little each year still won't be enough by the time they are ready to get married, but at least I will be that much closer to it. For my kids birthdays my brother and his wife have made college savings accounts for the kids and instead of buying toys they put in the money for the toy into that. I think it's a great idea, even if the total is a thousand dollars by the time they are ready for school! It would be like having a scholarship. Agian, I would love to do a lot of things and save for a lot of things like retirment, but in this day and age my goal needs to be NOT to freak out about "not having enough... not clean enough...." so my goal is to STOP SAYING NOT ENOUGH... and Sit down and enjoy and realize that life is too short to waste and to enjoy the moments as they pass me by, and not let them pass my by . Even being on here writing this I am missing the moments and I need to go play... thanks for listening to me ramble~

1 comment:

Eric and Jenny said...

You have given me a whole new outlook on what my resolutions should be this year. I love the idea of stop being down on myself of the things I don't do perfect and maybe just accept them for the greater purpose, another great post!