Friday, January 1, 2010

Dec 2009!








Merry Christmas and a Happy New year!

This year for Christmas I decided to make everything pretty much handmade. For my parents I made them a scrapbook full of Christmas stories for each day of dec. I also made them a handstichted towel with their pictures of the grand kids on it. Hope they don't look too close since I don't sew at all. For my girls I made them tutu's. My neighbor made my son a cape ( I was going to do it, but time ran out and she could do it much better than I ever could!) For all my kids and husband I made them "25 Reasons I love" DVD with music to it. I made a Martin's Cove DVD for my in laws from our trip. I then recorded me reading stories on a cd for my kids to hear. I also made some things for my brother and sister in law whose name we were given, they will be opening it tomorrow so hopefully they don't look on here until then! It was a great Christmas and we have had many blessings and am thankful for those that gave their love to our family.

For New years we had a small get together (We wanted to invite the whole neighborhood but our house isn't that big ) and we played games we used to in high school (Mafia, the sign game, Do you love your neighbor) and then Rockband.


My little sister called to tell me that she got engaged Last night on New Years Eve. I am excited for her!

I can't believe how fast 2009 came and went, Here is to a "hope" that 2010 will bring everyone cheer, comfort, and love EVEN when the hard times hit.

2 comments:

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

LOVE the tu tu's!! I should have thought to put a cute flower or butterfly on the ones I made! Love it!

DeYoung said...

I'm impressed with your homemade gifts idea. Great ideas, too! It looks like you enjoyed a wonderful Christmas and New Year.
-Jana