Saturday, June 18, 2011

Update!

Hannah and Austin are enjoying summer. They have learned how to swim, and now Austin thinks he is a little fish. I took them swimming, and he went down the big slide all by himself. He would sneak off and freak me out, only to find him coming down the slide in his silly goggles. His swim teacher was lifeguard and I know he gave her a run for her money!! He has such a funny personality that sometimes he was trying to swim away from her, so she would have to come catch him. He would laugh and laugh. I had to get at him and tell him to obey!! He sometimes says off the wall comments, but I have to realize he is a kid and he is learning and isn't afraid to ask! He is so SMART. A lot of the kids I taught preschool with, had been reading before they got to Kindergarten. I truly believe it was because of these little songs that I learned and helped my kids understand the letter sounds. I LOVE this program! He is reading the Book of Mormon pretty well. I realize I can't write notes to Trent without Hannah and Austin reading them now!! He sounds out EVERYTHING and surprises me sometimes! Hannah is having fun just hanging around. She loves to help me with Girls Camp and Young Women Crafts. I try to make enough so that she can have the stuff I make as well. I want her to branch out this summer and get out of the house and be a kid! We got free bunk beds and I want to paint them white with walnut stain. They have been asking all day when I am going to put the bunk beds together! Not for a while children!! Faith, Oh Faith!!! She gets into EVERYTHING. Trent said how destructive she is and I said she wasn't. That's because she only got into HIS things, well tables have turned and I have to watch that girl like a Hawk!! She is enjoying her independence!~ So far, summer has been great, but is going SO Fast. This week is Finals for both Trent and I for one class each, and then we both have another class each that doesn't end until the end of Summer~!I have tons of pictures but takes forever to download, so more to come!!!

Things Faith has done today:
Put cold sore medication all over her face. *yes I do watch my daughter, but she sneaks away .. smart thing...*
Colored on my wall with a dry erase Marker. (SHe never used to be like this I swear... wonder if it's because kids are out of school and she has to share me.)

2 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

I think your little Faith and my Katelynn would get along splendidly. Oh man that girl keeps me on my toes and from the sounds of it so does your Faith!

Bentleys said...

I know the feeling lol
I can't believe how big they are now!!!