Saturday, June 4, 2011



















Today my baby girl was baptized. Well I call her my baby girl, (Actually my sister Kelli started calling her baby girl when she was little, not sure if you remember that kelli, but it has always stuck with her.) was baptized! I can't believe how fast time has flown by. The last ten years have gone by fast, the last five years has sped, and the last two years have gone in a blink. I can't believe it is already June and I already have an 8 year old! Hannah was very excited. I decided to teach out of "Preach My Gospel" for four months before her baptism. I wanted to take a line in each chapter and work on it for FHE each Monday nights so she could make the decision if she wants to be baptised. Later, after her Bishop interview the stake had made their own "Preach My Gospel" for kids!! I love it. Hannah has been such a sweet spirit in my life. I try to caluse her so that she doesn't have to go through pain and is a tough kid so that when life happens she won't suffer. Problem is, I am trying to make her immune to why we are here. I don't want her to go through similar or the same trials I have. But, I know she is stronger than I am and that her trials may even be harder. So instead of trying to toughen her up, I need to cuddle her more. How many women can say they can hold their 8 year old and it feels like they are holding their 2 year old? Hannah is a petite little thing, but has a huge heart. She is very sensitive and feels bad when others don't like her (Wonder where she gets that from...)She will stand up for truth even when the rest of the crowd won't. Hannah has had her ups and downs in life and I am so grateful for these precious moments of talking about what life and Jesus Christ is all about. I treasure these teaching moments. Hannah wanted to be baptised. I wore a dress at my baptism and I wanted her to wear it. However, she was too small for it. She still wanted to be baptised in a dress and I asked my friend Lyndee if she would help me (Which we know I don't sew, so that meant DO It for me.)It turned out so cute. I am glad she will have this little dress so she can look back and see how small she was. I found a towel at Walmart and had my neighbor Hilary emboss it for me. SO many people came to support and help out with the baptism. Thank you all for being there and for doing all you do to support our little family. Hannah was very grateful her cousins, aunts, uncles, neighbors, and friends were able to attend. She was very excited that her two best friends Alina and Greta where able to witness it. She received so many presents and testimony's from people. We came to the house after and had cookies. I worked so hard to clean my house and Faith thought she would help by one day pouring powdered sugar all over and then the next day brown sugar and white sugar all over the floor. People probably thought why I takes me so long, now you know why. :) It was very special to be able to help Hannah out of the font and to wrap her in a towel. I helped her with her dress and looked into her eyes, she had tears in them and was very happy. That was a precious moment I can't forget. Ever. The next time I help her with her white dress will be her wedding, and before I know it, it's going to be here. I am going to do my best to continue teaching these spirits I call my children the truth and to be LOVING to ALL regardless of what others believe, or do, or say. I know our heavenly Father is proud of Hannah, and I can sense the overwhelming love He has for my children. I wonder how I got so lucky. I love you Hannah.

4 comments:

kelli said...

Hannah looked beautiful. Congratulations to her. I still call Brinley Baby Girl. I have called her that since she was born. I probably have called faith and Hannah that too.

Lyndee W. said...

It was wonderful! I'm glad I was there!

Ashlie said...

CAN'T believe she is already 8!!! WOWZA....congratulations to Hannah!! Miss you Jamie...and I hope all is well. :)

Alisa and Crowells said...

Oh, how beautiful, Jamie! I LOVE everything you've done and I wish we could have been there. I'll admit, I was really excited when I saw your blog on my Reader again!!