Wednesday, September 15, 2010

By Small and Simple things, are great things to pass...

I don't know if I got my love for learning history from my dad or what, but it seems all my siblings also like history. I am taking a history class and pretty sad with the professor's way of teaching. He likes to use the method I call "Cram, dump, delete." I am taking my own time and reading extra books and watching movies. Right now we are on the revolutionary war. I want to read "1776", and "The real George Washington." I must say I love the billboard that says "By George, We did it!" With this photo:


I can't even imagine a battle on my front lawn, like the many early American's had. I love the quotes from Abigail Adams, she was a wonderful woman. I also like hearing the stories of the women who disguised themselves as men and fought. I just remembered the movie "The Patriot" and thought it is too bad Mel Gibson went wacko, because he really did an excellent job at war movies. I probably would still watch him in movies however, since pretty much all of Hollywood is wacko - however, they do good at their job. Pretending to be someone they aren't!

3 comments:

Alisa and Crowells said...

Love this billboard, too. I really loved reading John Adams by David McCullough (same author as 1776). AMAZING book--it tells a story while giving crucial events of the revolution. I think you'd like it. :)

Jamie said...

I saw the HBO movie of it, I loved it! I need to read it

Eric and Jenny said...

True, true...

I used to love Mel Gibson, now I can't even stand the thought of him. Eric read 1776 and loved it, he also loved John Adams as well.