Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

New realizations:

Friday night was girls night. We had a scavenger video hunt. It was fun, but it also made me FINALLY realize that I really am not 17 anymore in more ways than one!


Sat Night- Date night with the hubby. Made me realize how much I love riding on his motorcycle with him! Later that night while my sister was opening her wedding gifts, it made me realize two things. First, how fast my siblings are growing up and second, that while us sibling used to be the loud ones,the grand kids are taking our places. Trent had guys night, it made me realize how we take things for granted, and having him here for instance then gone shows me how much I took it for granted having a husband home or alive.


Sunday- The R.S/Priesthood lesson was good, but made me realize how people view the bible is a lot different than what I think. Some people don't think it's a big deal to read it, not for our day, or etc. I on the other hand think it's like the first chapter of a book, the book of Mormon is the next chapter. Without the book of mormon we wouldn't hae known what happened to Christ during his death and Resurrection, the America's and those who received the truth to them much, but als without the bible we wouldn't have known what he taught to his people in Jerusalem They go hand in hand with each other. The more you learn about the traditions of the Jews, the easier it is to understand the Book of Mormon and visa versa. Someone said that it takes two witness's to show something is true, the bom is another testament of Christ, where as the Bible is the first. Makes sense to me. The Bible is a history book to me and makes me want to re read the book of mormon even more. It is just AS important as the book of mormon.'
I also am reading this book called "The kingdom and the crown series" I found out through the book that he uses the NR Bible not just the King James Version. I also have come to realize what a promised people the Jews are. Their celebrations of Passover and Hanukkah and the miracles that happened really did happen! Read the history of them if you aren't sure what it in tells. Those that are Christan or believe in One God * whether of purpose or being* would've been a Jew back in B.C. Therefore had I lived back then, I too would've been a Jew. I would hope that I would have known like many did When the true Messiah Came.

We went to My sister in law's property up in the mountains. IT made me realize how much we love riding four wheelers and such. I decided my hobbies are camping(if we had some kind of a trailer) with four wheelers and other motor vehicles, swimming, and watching movies. Luckily for me, my husband and kids like those too! Also showed me how big faith is getting. She got to roast a marshmallow and play on the big toys just like the rest of us.


Monday- I cleaned inside the house as Trent cleaned the outside. We both ended up in a huge water fight. Made me realize how much I love to see him smile. (He soaked me so I ran and changed into a swimsuit, and came out and got him good) WE then took the kids to some dirt hills and taught them how to four wheel on their own. I enjoy being with my little family, tonight we are going to a rodeo and then movie in the hot tub!

This last week, I have realized how someone can be an example to you without them even knowing it. You never know who is watching, or what another person is going through, you never know when that time to help another is passed .

1 comment:

Lyndee W. said...

Details on your girls night realization?