Saturday, January 17, 2009

No Fear...

The last couple of days I have had a gloomy feeling. I hate feeling worried, stressed, or afraid. I guess you can say the world has me down. Worry and stress of problems that I can't fix. I need to have my house a haven and not let the worries of the world seep in. I am worried about the economy to people being killed from abroad. Today I was in a little shop and saw a quote about how we shouldn't be afraid. The path ahead is paved and to not be discouraged but to exercise faith. I think that sign was for me. There is so much we can all worry about, but when the day is done we will only look back in regret instead of making the best of what we have. Trent and I were talking and he told me that if we were able to see the trials we would endure in this life, (like the book we read did)that I am sure we would still have jumped to come here to make it back. Even the people who have been through torture through the Holocaust and so on, I wonder if we did see little clips of our lives. It's the unimaginable to have to go through, but what I think would be even harder is to see the ones we love go through any type of pain. It hurts to go through hardships ourselves, but to see another is heartbreaking. I like to look at this life as if we are at war spiritually. How many of us will jump in the trenches to help another wounded brother or sister? Get in the hardship of helping another and not just worrying about ourselves? Today was so nice to take a break and just go do something for me. I went window shopping by myself and saw a some wall sayings. I love wall sayings! I want to put one in my room above the bed and paint the back wall and put a mirror up. However, the only saying they had was "Simple pleasures make life's treasures." Yeah that won't work for my bedroom.

8 comments:

Bentleys said...

Oh I miss ya!!! :) I think that would be a great saying for above your bed! hahaha ;)

Tiff and Chris said...

Good post. I saw a cute wooden sign the other day that I loved...it said Keep It Simple.

The Johnson Fam said...

You could use that saying above your bed...I think January is just a gloomy month. Its right after all the big holidays and the weather isnt the greatest.

kelli said...

Jamie, I am sorry you are down. What kind of sign are you looking for?

Jamie said...

Mary I liked the saying you told me about, and your fonts better. So when I am ready to get one I will just go through you. Is your machine working?

Lyndee W. said...

"The war in Heaven isn't over, we've just changed battlefields." Love you!

Eric and Jenny said...

I couldn't agree more I would so much rather go through something myself than watch a loved one go through it, you feel so helpless. Great post!

Alisa and Crowells said...

Great thoughts Jamie. IT's true the wall quotes are awesome--you're probably right--the one you found won't work so great where you'd originally planned.