Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Life is Beautiful

I have been thinking that I need to start up a positive post each day (Each time I post, or which ever comes first) The best thing to cheer me up is being able to serve others. I would much rather be doing something for someone else then having someone do something for me. I feel dumb asking for help but I also feel dumb when others feel like they can't ask me for help. Sounds a little backwards, I think when we serve , and when there are times we need help,we should also let others serve us. I have had many wonderful people serve me just by being in there presence and allowing me to feel their welcoming spirit! I know many people think fo me and I hope they know I think of them, even if it has been a while since we have talked. I hold onto my past and the people in it, because it makes me who I am today and so on. I love service when you do it secretly so you can reap the benefits of showing love. When I wake up each day I ask God to let me serve someone so that I can be happy. It's my natrual prozac lol. Today I went to help someone (I don't like to say what I do because then that is my glory and I would much rather the glory be love in my heart, because it allows me to be in a better mood.) needless to say while I was doing the thing I was doing for the first time in a long time I sat there and just enjoyed each moment. I saw Austin just play and really watched him and payed attention to everything he was doing. He loved that I was doing something with him too. I didn't have a care of concern on my mind and I just sat there and enjoyed the peaceful feeling that everything is good. I turn on the tv and hear about the bombings with the Gaza Strip and seeing signs that say "Stop Killing Kids" my heart reaches out and I sometimes worry how evil this sick world is. I don't want to waste my time in regret. I want to do the best I can and be the best I can. I am far from it. The real meaning of this life is to love and be loved. I have felt this most recently with all I come in contact with. If I look for the good in everyone then I do feel that warmth and love of Christ that still exsits here on this earth! I can make my home my haven and a place where we want the spirit to be where anyone who comes feels welcome. I think sometimes getting down and thinking of the horror that is all around us, we need to think of ten things for that one bad thing. Whenever Trent and I are talking and he or I say something not nice of another we always say "now say ten things you like about that..." It really does help. I have had a crazy feeling something is going to happen. Trent likes to say I am a doomsdayer. I think with the holidays over you just get kind of down, but I don't have time to feel that way there is too much to be done in a good way! While I was over today I realized that when I am serving others I truly am happy and I no longer feel tired. I get a renuied feeling of energy. If we were to treat everyone as if it was our last time we would see them, how different would we treat others? What things would we miss if our loved ones would be gone? I would miss being in my husbands arms, he makes everything in the world seem to disapear and makes it better. I would truly miss that the most. I love him so much that everyday if he is late I call to make sure he is ok! AFter seeing a friend lose her husband I fear that one day could easily be me. Everyone would try to comfort, but only the arms of your significant other could truly get you through. I would miss the love from friends and neighbors that come into my life and make it great. The talks, the fun, and just being in the presence of others makes me happy. I feel my soul rejoice when I am near them. How sad life would be without good friends and family. I would miss the sense of humor of my siblings, I am so glad we all get along! I would miss the kisses of my children. The funny things they do and say when I am really listening. Now is the time to change to apprechiate all I have in my wonderful life. Life really is wonderful. WE have choices to make it or make it better. I need to stop worrying about my house and the things that I can't fix. I need to just pay more attention to my kids. They are growing up too fast and times fly by so fast. I look back 7 years ago and how much I have even changed. Each day if we ask ourselves " can I do any good in the world today?" and follow that prompting of who we can help your life will become a happier one. I remember one day I got out to shovel the walks and did so for a neighbor, who probably wasn't home. But the words Do unto others as they would unto you came into my head. I looked out my window the next day and sure enough someone had shoveled my walks. It was a deep snow and I had preschool the next morning. I got my boots on about 6 a.m to go do it and my heart was heavy that someone thought of me. So whoever you are, thank you. A little love goes a long way.

2 comments:

Lyndee W. said...

What an awesome reminder of all that we should be doing to keep our hearts happy and healthy. You're amazing Jame and I love you so much. Thanks for being a great example to me and for always helping me when I need it {it seems like I ask you for help a lot}...you're a peach.

Holly said...

Amen Jamie!