Thursday, December 3, 2009

"Because I have been given much, I too must give;
Because of thy great bounty, Lord, each day I live,
I shall divide my gifts from thee,
with every brother that I see
who has the need of help from me."

Really there are angels among us. There are angels that don't take credit for things they do, there are angels who do things to make another look better, there are angels whose heart swells with concern and cares for others. I have looked into the faces of many of these angels. I look into these faces yearly, monthly, weekly, daily, and every minute of my life. There is the angel on the corner begging for food and money, they are angels to help me teach my children compassion. There are angels we mingle with every day that lift us up, even when they don't even realize it. There are angels who were born to our same mother, or grandmothers,those we marry into, and many who love us even when we mess up. There are angels born to us, to teach us. There are angels who move in down the streets, next doors, or even angels who teach our children at school. Don't forget that every person has the light of Christ in them, see it shine. Because I have been given so much from these angels sent here from God, I too must give.

"God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs."

1 comment:

Alisa and Crowells said...

So true Jamie. I really appreciated this post.