Sunday, January 8, 2012





















Christmas came and went so fast. The Friday before Christmas, I helped my sister in laws decorate for my niece's birthday. We did a "Winter ONEderland" Party. It turned out really cute, and was fun decorating and helping dip chocolates. I made this tutu and highchair tutu for her. The party was fun to see Trent's family.
Normally I wait until Jan to put down the Christmas but this year I took it down the day after! We celebrated Christmas Eve at my Opa's like every Christmas. We came home and had our own little morning Christmas. The kids let us sleep in until around 7 :30 and then we went back to bed afterwards. That would've never happened in my house growing up. I remember we would wake up at around four and my parents told us we had to wait until at least six. So my siblings (those who were awake) and I would watch tv. Flintstone Christmas, The christmas Story were some of the things on tv, every christmas day. After we had our family christmas, we went up to my mom and dad's for dinner. On Thursday we had our Turner New year party at Kelli's. We had a white elephant party and it was perfect timing. I got rid of some old tapes that my mother in law had called "It's worth the wait" or "Strengthening your marriage" (With a picture of a couple from the 70's on a bike.) it was pretty funny. I also had a "Barney Goes to School" with a little craft I made that I didn't have room for. My sister ERin got the barney movie, and it was pretty funny. Then on Friday my little family headed to St.George to visit Trent's Dad. It still is weird going there without my dear MIL, but there are pictures of her up to remind us. He found a song called "My first christmas without you" that made me want to bawl, listening to him listen to it. FOr New years Eve we grabbed some Panda Express, opened some glow sticks (that we got from the white elephant party) and had some confetti. We all went to bed around 8! On Monday we came back home to get ready for school the next day. It was nice to come home with Christmas already put away! I am sure this year will go just as fast as last :)

1 comment:

Eric and Jenny said...

I am glad you had a great Christmas!

I am so jealous you got your Christmas down so fast, mine just barely went into storage a few days ago. Man was I slow this year!