Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Austin's baptism

Today Austin was baptized . It turned out great and I love seeing his smiling face. While he was being baptized I thought of how many times he teaches me. For  instance he shared all of his candy with his siblings and friends and didn't get one for his birthday. When I asked why, he said it was better to give than to get, it reminded me of what a smart little teacher he is in my life. My thoughts passed and I was taken back to how Mary must have felt when she gave birth to the ultimate teacher. How must she felt when her neighbors, friends, church goers in her community hated her family and most would hate her son to death. I'm sure she knew these people, and while our daily lives and customs are different than back then, I like to personalize it. How frustrating it must have been that her son was killed  by these people that theyprobably once were called friends, or authority figures. What was Christ like as a boy? I'm sure he had a season for everything including play, and laughter. So when Mary was grief stricken and not able to rescue her son( which there isn't a mention of -Joseph-) and Christ looked to his brother to take care of her so she may have already known loss of loved ones. When I think of life back then I think of a similar view of Afghanistan .....anyways my points there was nothing SHE could do. Her baby that she once cradled in her arms after giving birth, kissing his little chubby fingers, singing him to sleep while she rubbed his face and calmed him down, her son that she taught customs, religion, sacrifice, patience, and love, her son who taught her, her son who grew up to die for MY Son. For all son and daughters of man. For an instant when MY Son was smiling and giggling out of the font in his wet clothes, I realized the simplicity of the gospel is to us because of the beautiful sacrifice made by the Son,to love one another and that families are united for Eternity ,and  that because of Him, he has bridged  the gap to our Father in Heaven and shown us the way.

No comments: