Wednesday, December 21, 2011




For thanksgiving, we went down to St. George to stay with Trent's Dad. We went a little bit earlier than the rest of the family. It was good to talk to bill, and have family down there. It's amazing how much family can help the mourning process and bring strength and warmth. I love ALL of his brothers and sisters & their spouses. I know at times I have been shy or flat off the deep end... but deep down I am SO grateful that I married into the Coe's. I will spare all the details, but needless to say it was still comforting to feel Martha's love and memory all around. I know without a doubt she is watching over us and my testimony of the gospel has expanded with it. I decided to play with my kids like Martha did, and all I can say is that woman had a lot of patience~! I tried keeping the kids busy with little pictures to color and making cookies & a try at pie. My lovely sister in law took these pictures at Thanksgiving dinner. Thank you!

For Christmas Party at the Coes, we met at Kim's house and exchanged kid gifts. Then the siblings handed out little handouts they made if they had any. (I love the simplicity of it) This year we went to temple square to hand out notes that said something along the lines of " Just to let you know someone is thinking of you today" We got the service idea out of the book that has become a help to us, and something that martha read before she passed, "The Message" Austin gave some out, including to a skater kid standing by himself. I think this one touched me the most. While we walked away he just stood there looking at the note. Then Austin gave one to a bunch of teenage girls who thought it was the cutest thing ever. Then he gave one to an old man with a funny hat, and he chuckled as did his wife. Hannah gave one to a "grandma" . I loved the idea and hope to continue the tradition.

No comments: