Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Because I have been given much....


I haven't really been in the mood to talk about this, but my dear, wonderful, compassionate, most christlike, beautiful mother in law passed away unexpectedly from brain aneurysm. I had just talked to her on the phone ten minutes before it happened. When I finally turned my phone back on I had missed calls from my sister in law. My mother in law had just finished up her fifth mission and was ready to go to st.george in a couple days. I kept asking her " WHen will you be done with your mission?" She said "October 15th. or sooner I hope." She was officially done with her life mission on October 15th at 3:09 in the morning. It was a very sad, yet now looking back, spirtual moment. She was 64 years old, and healthy as could be. It is very surreal and my heart hurts, yet at the same time I know her too well to know that she is loved in this life and the next and that I will get to see and hold her once again. I love you MARTHA. You were THE BEST mother in law a girl could ever ask for. I am so blessed to be called your daughter in law, and when I first got engaged I wondered where that sparkly little cinderella ring I wanted was, but I tell you what, I am so blessed to have my wedding ring be one of your rings. I will pass it down when I am on my death bed to my girls. No sparkly cinderella ring could ever have so much meaning to my life. I took a picture on my phone but I believe it is too personal and spiritual for it to be shown on here. However, my awesome sister in law Sheryl took pictures that were just perfect and they speak for themselves. Hope she doesn't mind me using them.

2 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

I am so sorry to both you and your husband, hope you are both at peace and finding comfort right now....

Lyndee W. said...

I love you Jame! Call me. Day or night.