Sunday, December 5, 2010



You may have heard heart warming stories around Christmas time, they are all over the tv, radio, and even songs- like the "Sir I want to buy these shoes for my Mama please..."Christmas Shoe song. Well this year I experienced my own. I had to run into target to get some medication. I was taking my time just looking around so I didn't have to go back to screaming kids. I heard this man on the phone trying to whisper so no one could hear, but a lady next to me and I did. He said " I am going to have to tell my wife we have no where to sleep tonight then." He turned his head I could see the tears in his eyes and he tried to hurry and get out of there. My heart ached for him. I wish I had even twenty dollars to give him. I prayed in my head that someone did. I felt so helpless but I wanted to do something.. Just then a lady came up to him and asked if he was ok. His face turned bright red and he tried to act composed. He said that he had been better,but she wouldn't take that for an anwser. He said that his family just came from Texas, and their daughter had rsv and was in the hospital and getting released, and his wallet was stolen earlier in the day. THe lady told him to wait while she ran to an atm. It really brought out that there are still good people with good hearts out there. I think the Lord gave me my present that day, to know just that. Some say I trust too muchm but I honestly don't believe this was a scam. I have seen that face before, full of not knowing where to go and provide. My mind wondered off as I walked back to my car, all the wonderful things I am grateful for that we honestly take for granted.I was shaken by seeing this and needed it. I have a roof over my head, and If I didn't I have friends and family to call. I am not alone. It made me think of a woman who needed just that, a roof over her head. The painstaking responsiblity of her husband to know he couldn't provide that for her must have been unbearable. The anxiety that both the man and wife felt must have been overcome by peace and love. Sometimes it's the little things we take for granted, maybe it wasn't by accident that man and woman found a stable, a humble place to give birth to the son of God that night. May you see all that God has given you this Christmas season, and to know that you really are never alone. It's the little things that humble us and bring us back to our knees.
I am grateful for my: Savior, family, friends, health, womanhood, motherhood, and the material possessions I do have, and paths that God lead me to.

1 comment:

Lyndee W. said...

What an amazing story. I love when little tender mercies like that happen to remind me how blessed I truly am. Thanks Jame.